Samstag, 22. September 2007

summary of the 3rd english lesson

We sit here, still in our class rooms, 10 minutes before the end of the lessons will arrive and we will be free to go into our weekend...But before that: We must summarize the lesson.

First of all, I came late (quite late today), that is also the reason, why my summary could be a little shorter than the others! :-) We discussed an article about behaviour of oiling and mining companies and the ethical factors on certain questions out of the book, that we were discussing in the group.

Aftwards we heard a listening about launching a product which due to consumer complaintes had resulted in a desaster -- and again we reviewed the topic under the question of ethic. Then we had to went around and asked each other after the meaning of certain words, which are not so clear for us. The colleague had to explain it TO us.

Important lesson learned: You always say "explain TO me" or "explain TO us", not only "explain me".

Finally Martin gave us a test on times: we had to fill in the correct times into a story. The main focus were the "past-tenses" (as past simple, past simple continous, past perfect ..). What I have recognized: I definitly will review the tenses again at home. Basically I have a quite good feeling for tenses, and during school I learned them intensivly. From that that time I still use my knowledge, but it is not the best any more. I will review that!

Homework is:
To find the song "she hates me" from Puddle of Mudd, because the songtext has very good tense-examples, when to use past simple, past perfect simple, past continouse etc.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.